Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's Day means it's time to prune

Well it's that time of year again, Valentine's Day, but it's not just for giving roses and candy, it's time for pruning too. Here in Coastal Georgia mid February through mid March is the ideal time to prune most of the shrubs and trees in your landscape. I've added a link in our Useful Links to a great article from the University of Georgia Extension Service on proper pruning. If you have questions or just feel terrified at the thought of taking on that overgrown tree or shrub on your own, come in and talk to me at the Island store. I love pruning and will be happy to answer any questions you may have. And please, don't chop your Crepe Myrtles to stubs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.